Candle Care + Safety

C A N D L E   C A R E  +  S A F E T Y

When lighting your candle for the first time, allow it to burn for at least 2 hours or until the wax has melted all the way to the edge of the glass. This will create a candle “imprint” and prevent the candle from tunneling (only burning in the center of the wax). Wax has a memory, and it will always burn up to the radius of the last burn. To ensure you get the most out of your candle and increase it’s longevity, make sure to burn it for at least 2 hours each time.

G E N E R A L   C A R E

  • Always keep the wick trimmed to ¼” before each burn to ensure your candle is burning gently and to keep your wax pool free of debris
  • We recommend burning no longer than 3-4 hours at a time and stop burning when only ¼” of wax remains in the jar
  • Never leave your candles unattended! Always place away from children, pets and drafts.
  • Keep your candle in a well-ventilated area when lit. Do not place under a cabinet or on a shelf. Your candle needs room to breathe!


  • Drafts can cause the flame to flicker excessively which can lead to small puffs of smoke and lead to a build up of soot. Keep the candle away from windows and drafts to avoid.
  • Burning your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time can cause your candles’ flame to become too large and cause an excessive build up of soot.
  • Not trimming your wick after each use can cause the wick to “mushroom”. This can cause the wick to flicker excessively and lead to soot building up as well. It can also cause your candle to burn faster, and nobody wants that!
  • If your candle jar starts to show soot around the rim of the jar, use a damp cloth to wipe it off. Also ensure the candle wick has been trimmed to ¼” and that there are no foreign objects in the wax pool.

If you have questions or concerns about burning your candle, please reach out to us here.